Thursday, March 15, 2012

Week 10: Reflections: Smiles Mingle with Tears

Dear Jodi, Sherie and all dear friends, 


I could barely imagine that it's time to bid everybody farewell. After a thrilling and challenging journey that lasted for ten weeks, I become speechless! I am torn between expressing the joy of this wonderful experience that is considered a golden opportunity in my career and social life and the sorrowful feeling I carry deep inside for having to say goodbye to the whole people I am proud to interact with. My cheerfulness is very obvious due to the fact that we have already finished our challenging tasks and learned a lot during this course. However, it's sad because you have to end this course and give this experience a halt! 


Since I become speechless during these moments, I'll post this Farewell poem along with some images and hope they are more effective than the words I desire to jot down! 


Goodbye, Farewell

Farewell is beautiful
A glimpse into the future
Farewell is wonderful
It sets for Adventure

Goodbye is sad
A dive into the past
Goodbye is hard
It memories cast
 

For old faces must go
Yet new places to go

A chapter opened
And a chapter closed

O Farewell O farewell
How nice if I could tomorrow tell

O Goodbye O goodbye
In thou sweet memories lie


And today
Yes verily day
With feelings set at bay
These very words I say

Farewell and goodbye
Goodbye and farewell

I say with pleasure and pain
Yes with tears
With grief and joy
Tears of grief and joy 


Kolabomi Adeko




   
SMILE SMILE SMILE; IT IS LIFE! 









Best Regards, 
Nihmat

6 comments:

  1. Dear Nihmat,

    Its Ruki. THANKS SO MUCH Nihmat for your beautiful comments, thoughts and pictures for reflection.You are a very creative person indeed, and the entry for week 10 is so very inspiring.

    Yep, 'GOOD BYE' is always hard. It seems the E participants have bonded much, even in cyber space, so it seems. The E course has been a good experience,especially because the participants are a very unique cross cultural mix. The diversity is unique - it was very evident in all the comments, discussions and entries on 'Nicent' and 'Blogs'. Today, we are reaping the benefits of globalization

    I too have learnt so very much from this E course. I realize the importance of integrating technology into teaching. Also, teachers in developing countries should be challenged to make the best of existing IT resources. Only now, (after following the E course) I realize the dire need to upgrade and refresh my computer skills and use of internet. The web is such a good resource that we can use for teaching purposes'; but it is also important to be able to use the web knowledgeably, with responsibility and accountability.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Ruki,
      I really meant all the words I sent to everyone in this course.
      I liked your company a lot and I wish you the best of luck in your life.I'm glad that you appreciated the benefit of this course a lot.
      Best wishes,
      Nihmat from Lebanon

      Delete
  2. Dear Nihmat,

    What a wonderful song you have chosen! As if it was written for us.
    Thank you for your poetry, quotes and emotional pictures here.

    However, watching them I wish to protest. We are in no way finishing, we are not leaving, we are just changing the platform and the format.

    Talk soon on Facebook!

    Val

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Val,
      I added this song for those who won't be joining Hassan's group just as we did! You deserve mush better appreciation and supportive words!
      Because I liked your company, I instantly followed the group in order to continue meeting each other on Facebook.
      See you there.
      Nihmat from Lebanon

      Delete
  3. Farewell? what Farewell?!!
    We are here to stay, no one is going anywhere.
    Blogs are alive, Facebook is running, emails and phone calls are at your finger tips. Oh, and I almost forgot you're 20 min away from here!

    Hey, cheer up, it is only the beginning! (unless, that is the reason you are sad?!)

    Best of luck,

    Hassan from Lebanon too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Nihmat, for posting the song and the great quotes! I'm envious, though. Are you and Hassan really only 20 minutes away? I would love to come and sit and have coffee with the two of you. But alas, for now, I think we have to make due with Facebook and blogs.

    I do look forward to "seeing" you somewhere!
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete