Thursday, January 19, 2012

Week Two Reflections


Hello everyone,
      I hope that all of you are gaining great knowledge and experience just as I do! I'm enjoying every minute of research but desperately wishing that I have more time. 
     When I read the task on Monday, the opening day of Week 2, I was surprised about the topic, search engines. However, when I followed the links, I was amazed to know the huge number of dependable search engines that could enable me to use the web more efficiently. Before that day, my knowledge about search engines was very restricted exclusively to Google. Frankly speaking, I thought that it was the sole web browser, and I laugh about this now!
     After being informed about numerous search engines, I become excited to make good use of them. I started trying them one by one until they become familiar to me. I also sent some of my colleagues a list of them, and they replied with too many thanks in return.  Now things differ as I discovered new search engines that might facilitate my work and provide a wider scope of materials. I truly wonder how man keeps on learning no matter how old  or well-educated he tends to be!
Regards, 
Nihmat

8 comments:

  1. Hello Nihmat,
    It was really an inspiring discussion about Effective Web Searches on Nicenet. I did also enjoy post on the suggested search engines about which I had no idea before. I think we share the same like as with most of others about some sites such as Iseek.com as I could see from your posts on Nicenet. I hope you will enjoy the task about ABCD model as I did.
    Good luck with next tasks
    Best
    Sidi, Morocco.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sidi,
      I'm glad to know that you're enjoying the discussions on Nicenet. According to me, I admit that I'm a little behind. Frankly speaking, I'm still reading about ABCD model and haven't added my discussion. I think I'll finish all my other tasks and work today's night on it.
      I also wish you the best of luck.
      Regards,
      Nihmat, Lebanon

      Delete
  2. Dear Nihmat,

    I enjoyed reading your reflextion here on the search engine. I share with you the excitement and part of the surprise when going beyond Google.

    I am still in the ( long) process of checking and testing the other search sites before I come up with my conclusion and share it.

    Please allow me to correct you and suggesting :
    "I truly wonder how people keep on learning no matter how old or well-educated they tend to be!"

    Unless women are not concerned with this!

    Best,

    Hassan, Lebanon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Hasan,
      I enjoyed your post and burst into laughter at your final comment. Everyone around me started inquiring about the reason behind my out-loud laugh! Women must be the first to be concerned about this; we wouldn't step back! Right? I have already told Sid that I'm still stuck in the reading part because I'm busy preparing midterm exams for my classes.
      I'll do my best to finish them today hopefully!
      Thanks for your interesting comment.
      Best regards,
      Nihmat, Lebanon

      Delete
  3. Hey Nihmat i am just glad to check on your blog to enjoy your interesting posts regarding ongoing activities . As for the search engines, i also thought Google to be the
    only existing search engine but i fortunately discovered many other interesting ones and that's a good leap ahead .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Kouassi,
    it's nice meeting you in this course and thank you for your encouraging comment. I Think this course will make a difference in my approach to teaching in the 21st century.
    Have a nice blogging.
    Regards,
    Nihmat, Lebanon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Nihmat,

    I am glad to read your wonderful words about the search engines we are introduced to! You know that it is a big world but it helps everyone to solve any problem he faces in his practical life especially in the filed! This course gives us a lot! Thank you instructors and thank you participants for this golden opportunity!
    Wish you all the best!

    Salam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Salam,
      I definitely agree with your opinion. This course is immensely important and adds a lot to my career development. What I appreciate the most is communicating with educators from places I haven't visited or even heard about. We do share knowledge in a professional way.
      Regards,
      Nihmat,Lebanon

      Delete