Sunday, February 12, 2012

Week 5: Rubrics



Hello Jodi, Sherie, and all friends,

Rubrics are familiar to me, but creating one on RubiStar is extremely new! You should laugh at me when I'm not convinced with a ready rubric found online or in books since I used to create my own rubric starting from scratch by inserting a table on a word document!  It was amazing how on RubiStar and in just half an hour I was able to add the categories I've decided upon previously and added the whole descriptions I wanted to add on my rubric, posted on the wiki under Story Writing and holding the following link: http://rubistar.4teachers.org/index.php?screen=ShowRubric&module=Rubistar&rubric_id=2154438& 

However, what I suffered from is a completely different issue. I had tough times when I desired to edit an item on the accomplished rubric. Lots of problems existed when I wanted to add a row on conflict, and by mistake I ended up losing the whole rubric and deleting it from the wiki page as well. Although filled with frustration, I was patient enough to repeat the whole task and  add it to the wiki again. Then I wondered: Am I the only person suffering sometimes from technology problems? Are they deliberate to frustrate me? Or what? 

See, I still was able to learn something from this experience, and this image might imply that lesson!








Regards, 
Nihmat

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nihmat,

    I think we all experience those frustrations with internet sites. If not Rubistar, then it's something else. I actually get quite frustrated with our class Wiki page at times. It's a good thing none of you sees me getting frustrated with it on Sunday evenings! All tools -whether internet or other - just take time to master and feel comfortable with. You've been doing a great job!
    Jodi
    p.s. I like your dancing in the rain picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jodi,
    I appreciate your encouraging and soothing comments!You made me smile for a long time!
    I inserted this image just to add certain relief and thrill to my hectic days. I'm glad you liked it.
    Best regards,
    Nihmat

    ReplyDelete